This tender is for the delivery of Stage 2 of the Tasmanian Weeds Action Fund, commencing in May 2020 and ending in June 30 2023.
In the 2018-19 State Budget, the Tasmanian Government established the Weeds Action Fund (WAF) consisting of $5 million over five years commencing in 2019. Year 1 (Stage 1) of the WAF is currently being delivered as a small grants program by the Department of Primary Industries, Water and Environment.
The successful tenderer will be required to deliver Stage 2 of the WAF, including:
- Employing a program coordinator;
- Administering the WAF and coordinating the final approval process for projects to be funded through the WAF;
- Providing a central point of contact, lodgement service and collation of grant applications for the WAF project assessment panel.
- Implementing a devolved grants program on behalf of the State Government for funds to be made available for onground weed management projects and associated activities such as planning;
- Coordinating a project review process for assessing and approving project applications;
- Providing completed draft grant agreements/deeds for successful project applicants in the approved form for signing by an authorised DPIPWE representative;
- Provision of secretariat services to the WAF Reference Group and WAF Project Application Review Panel.
- Promoting the objectives of the WAF with stakeholders and the broader Tasmanian community;
- Meeting all financial and progress reporting requirements.